FAQ: How do I get my fingerprints taken in California?
You must have your fingerprints taken at a local Live Scan service provider.
Here are the steps you should take to get your fingerprints taken:
- Complete 'Part 2' of the Live Scan Service Request form.
- Contact a local Live Scan service provider to schedule your fingerprints.
- Get your fingerprints taken at the Live Scan office and pay the required fees.
- Live Scan will complete 'Part 3' of the Live Scan Service Request form.
- Submit a copy of the completed Live Scan Request form to the DRE along with your license application. You must also include payment of the $49 DRE fingerprint processing fee.