PricingWhy use usBlogContact UsStudent Login


FAQ: How do I register for the CA real estate licensing exam?

Here are the steps you need to take to schedule your California state licensing exam:

  • If you do not have a sponsoring broker, you will have to complete the Salesperson Exam Application. If you do have a sponsoring broker, it is recommended that you complete the Combined Salesperson Examination and License Application. This will ultimately save you a few weeks of time during the licensing process.
  • You must include copies of your Course Completion Certificates from each of the 3, 45-hour pre-license courses.
  • You must pay the appropriate fee. If you complete the Salesperson Exam Application, you only have to pay the exam fee of $60. If you complete the Combined Salesperson Examination and License Application, you will have to pay a total fee of $305 ($60 for the state exam, plus the $245 license application fee).
  • If you need a disability-related accommodation, you must submit a Reasonable Accommodations Request for Examination form.
  • You must mail in the completed application, along with the fee, Course Completion Certificates, and a Reasonable Accommodations Request for Examination form (if applicable) to the following address:
    • Department of Real Estate
      Examination Section
      P.O. Box 137001
      Sacramento, CA 95813-7001

The DRE will need at least six weeks to review and approve your application. You can see the current application processing timeframes here.

Once your application is approved, the DRE will send you an Examination Schedule Notice or an authorization to self schedule.
You can then use the DRE's eLicensing online system to check your exam date or to self schedule your exam.

Please note that you have two years to pass the state licensing exam from the date your exam application is received by the DRE.

A Simple and Affordable Way
To Get Your
  • New York
  • California
  • Texas
  • Pennsylvania
  • Michigan
  • Virginia
  • Georgia
  • New York

Real Estate License

Change careers or earn extra income on the side