FAQ: How do I register for the Texas real estate licensing exam?
The Texas state real estate exam must be taken through Pearson VUE.
In order to be eligible to take the state exam, you must complete the following:
- Complete the 180-hour pre-license course.
- Submit your license application
Once the Texas Real Estate Commission approves your license application, they will send you an eligibility letter, which includes your TREC ID and instructions on how to schedule your State exam.
Before making your reservation, you should have the following information on-hand:
- Legal name.
- Mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- TREC ID number, which is provided on your eligibility letter from TREC.
- The name of the exam you are looking to take.
- Your preferred exam location and date of the exam.
Your next step is to register for the exam through Pearson VUE. The quickest way to do so is online. First-time users must first create a free account. Once your account is setup, you simply have to follow the step-by-step instructions that will lead you through the reservation process. Please note that you can only make online reservations at least 24 hours prior to your exam date. Walk-in examinations are not available.
You also have the option of registering for the exam by phone by calling (800)997-1248. Phone reservations must also be done at least 24 hours prior to your exam date.
You will be required to pay the $54 exam fee at the time of your registration.