FAQ: What are the requirements to apply for a CA real estate license?
In order to qualify to apply for your California real estate license, you must satisfy the general requirements, the course requirements, and pass the state licensing exam
The general requirements include the following:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- If you are not a California resident, you must file a Consent to Service of Process.
- You must meet the DRE's qualifications for being "honest and truthful".
- You must complete the 45-hour Real Estate Principles course.
- You must complete the 45-hour Real Estate Practice course.
- You must complete a 45-hour elective course.
The general and course requirements must be fulfilled before you can sit for the State licensing exam.
Once you pass the state licensing exam, the DRE will send you a license application.