FAQ: What are the requirements to become a Georgia real estate salesperson?
The following is a list of requirements to get a Georgia real estate salespersons license:
- Real Estate Education Requirement: you must complete one of the following education requirements
- Complete the 75-hour Georgia pre-license real estate salespersons course.
- Complete at least 10 quarter hours, or 6 semester hours of course work as part of a degree program in real estate from a U.S. or Canadian accredited college or university.
- Complete at least 75-hour of pre-license real estate education from another State or province of Canada.
- General Education Requirement: you must have a high school diploma or a certificate of equivalency.
- Age Requirement: you must be at least 18 years of age to obtain a real estate license in Georgia.
- State Exam Requirement: you must pass the State real estate salespersons exam.
- Background Check: you must submit a criminal history report or a Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) Report.
- Apply for your Georgia real estate salespersons license.
- Fees: you must pay the required fees, including the State exam fee ($121) and license application fee ($170).