Georgia Real Estate License Requirements
In order to sell or rent properties in the State of Georgia,
you must first obtain your real estate
$425 $125Get Your Georgia Real Estate License!
Limited Time Offer
What Are The Georgia Real Estate License Requirements?
You must successfully complete 75 hours of Georgia Real Estate Licensing Course. Once you complete the course and pass the proctored final exam, you are now ready to move on to Step #2… get your GCIC.
Prior to taking your state exam, you must obtain a Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) report of your criminal history. You can receive this report from any local sheriff’s office or police department. The report may cost up to $25 and is valid for up to 60 days from the date of issue. You must bring this to the AMP testing center prior to receiving a license.
You must register and pass the salesperson’s exam with the exam provider, Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc. (AMP). You will be paying an exam fee of $115. More information about the exam can be found on GREC's website.
You are required to take your Lawful Presence Notarized Affidavit and “secure and verifiable document” with you to the exam. To schedule your exam and to receive a copy of the required affidavit, you may visit the AMP website at www.goamp.com.
Your exam scores are valid for one year, meaning you must apply for your license within one year of your initial examination date.
The final step is to complete your real estate salesperson license application. The Georgia Real Estate Commission encourages students to complete their application online as it helps expedite the approval process. If you are applying within 3 months from taking your exam, the fee will be $170.00. If you are applying more than three months but less than 12 months from taking your exam, the fee will be $340.00
Once your application is approved, your license will be mailed to your sponsoring broker.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- A high school diploma or GED is required to apply for a real estate license.
- Be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien.
How to get a real estate license in the State of Georgia?
- The 75-hour course.
- The course is broken down into chapters and lessons.
- At the end of each chapter there is a quiz comprising of multiple-choice questions.
- The courses can be accessed from any computer, tablet or smartphone 24/7.
- The online course package does not require a textbook.
However, you can purchase a downloadable PDF or a Kindle version of the course textbook separately. The textbooks are meant to be used as tool to help you follow along with the course. The textbooks are not meant to replace the courses.
- Upon completion of your course you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Based on the Georgia real estate license requirements, you are required to take a final exam. The final exam is proctored and password protected. The course final exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions with a passing grade of 75%.