Georgia Real Estate License Requirements
In order to sell or rent properties in the State of Georgia and earn a commission in the process,
you must first obtain your real estate
$425 $125Get Your Georgia Real Estate License!
Limited Time Offer
What Are The Georgia Real Estate License Requirements?
Step #1: Complete the 75-hour Georgia Real Estate Salespersons Course
You must successfully complete the 75-hour Georgia Real Estate Licensing Course. The course must be approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission. At the end of the 75-hour course is a proctored final exam.
Step #2: Get Your Georgia Crime Information Report
Prior to taking your state exam, you must obtain a Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) report of your criminal history. You can receive this report from any local sheriff’s office or police department. The report may cost up to $25 and is valid for up to 60 days. You must bring this to the AMP testing center prior to receiving a license.
Step #3: Schedule and Pass the Georgia State Licensing Exam
The state exam must be taken through Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc. (AMP). You can schedule your state exam online using AMP's REAL system. There is a state exam fee of $121. More information about the exam can be found on GREC's website.
The state exam consists of 152 multiple-choice questions. There is a national and state portion. The national portion includes 100 questions, while the state portion includes 52 questions. You must pass both portions in order to pass the overall exam. You will receive your exam score right after you complete the exam.
Your exam scores are valid for one year, meaning you must apply for your license within one year of your initial examination date.
The final step is to submit your Georgia real estate salesperson license application. You will apply for your license at the AMP testing center, right after you pass the state exam. There is a license application fee of $170; however, If you opt to submit your license application between three months and one year after passing the state exam, the license application fee will be $340.
You must also submit the following documents with your license application:
1) A valid ID and Certificate of Accuracy Statement.
2) A completed Sponsoring Broker Statement Form (if you are applying for an active real estate license).
3) A copy of your Georgia Crime Information Report.
4) A signed and notarized Lawful Presence Affidavit.
Once your license application is approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission, you will receive an active real estate license (if you have a sponsoring broker). The Commission will mail your active license to your broker's office.
If you don't have a sponsoring broker, the Commission will mail you an inactive real estate license.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold a high school diploma (or its equivalent) in order to apply for a real estate license.
- You must be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien.
How to get a real estate license in the State of Georgia?
- The 75-hour Georgia real estate salespersons course is broken down into chapters and lessons.
- At the end of each chapter is a multiple-choice quiz.
- The courses can be accessed 24/7 from any computer, tablet or smartphone.
- The online course does not require a textbook.
However, you can purchase the course textbook as a downloadable PDF. The textbook is meant to be used as a reference to help you follow along with the course. The textbook is not meant to replace the course itself.
- You will receive your Certificate of Completion for the course right after you pass the final exam.
- The course includes a required proctored final exam. The final exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions with a passing grade of 75%.