Pennsylvania Real Estate License Requirements
In order to sell or rent properties in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, you must first obtain your real estate salespersons license.
$325 $99Get Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License
Limited Time Offer
What Are The Pennsylvania Real Estate License Requirements?
Here are 4 steps you need to take to satisfy the Pennsylvania real estate license requirements:
First, you must complete 2 courses (75 hours in total). These courses must be approved by the Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission.
The 2 courses include the following:
1) Real Estate Fundamentals - 30 hours
2) Real Estate Practice - 45 hours
Take the Pennsylvania licensing package online to save both money and time.
At the end of each of the 2 courses is a proctored final exam.
The Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission requires that all candidates submit a copy of a Pennsylvania report of criminal history. This can be obtained from the Pennsylvania State Police Central Repository.
All background check documents cannot be older than 90 days from the date of issuance. Failing to answer any questions or providing false answers may delay the issuance of a license or result in disciplinary action once the license is issued.
Now you are ready to take the State exam. The State exam must be taken at a PSI Testing Center.
Once you click on the "Download Candidate Information" thumb then you can read the instructions on page 3 on how to apply for your state exam. You will then scroll all the way to the bottom of the PDF to fill in your application.
The exam consists of a National portion and a State portion.
You must answer at least 60 out of 80 questions on the National portion and 23 out of 30 questions correctly for the State portion in order to pass.
Finally, you will have to submit your Salesperson License Application by mail, with the help of your sponsoring broker. Once your application is received and approved, your license will be mailed to your sponsoring broker.
If a pending application is older than one year from the date submitted and the applicant wishes to continue the application process, the Commission shall require the applicant to submit a new application including the required fee. In order to complete the application process, many of the supporting documents associated with the application cannot be more than six months from the date of issuance.
You must also:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- A high school diploma or GED is not required to apply for a real estate license.
- Be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien and a legal resident of Pennsylvania.
How to get a real estate license in the State of Pennsylvania?
- The 75-hour course bundle comprises of 2 courses:
- Real Estate Fundamentals - 30 hours
- Real Estate Practice - 45 hours
- Each course is broken down into chapters and lessons.
- At the end of each chapter, is a quiz comprising of multiple-choice questions.
- The courses can be accessed from any computer, tablet or smartphone 24/7.
- The online course package does not require a textbook.
However, you can purchase a downloadable PDF or a Kindle version of the course textbook separately. The textbooks are meant to be used as tool to help you follow along with the course. The textbooks are not meant to replace the courses.
- Upon completion of each course you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Based on the Pennsylvania real estate license requirements, you are required to take a proctored final exam for each course. The proctoring fee is the responsibility of the student at the time they take the final exam. Each course final exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions with a passing grade of 70%.
- The final exams will be proctored online through Proctor U. The details on how to schedule your final can be found in Final Steps section for each course. A fee of $15 will apply for each attempt at each final exam, payable directly to ProctorU. You must make an appointment directly with Proctor U in order to take the final exam(s). Rather than having students drive to a proctoring location for each exam, they can take their exams from home with the services of ProctorU. The online proctoring services ultimately provide students with much more convenience, as they don't have to physically travel for each exam.