Texas Real Estate License Requirements
In the State of Texas it is required that you get a real estate license before selling or renting properties for a commission.
$299 $249GET YOUR LICENSE NOW
LIMITED TIME OFFER
What Are The Texas Real Estate License Requirements?
There are 5 steps you need to take to get your Texas real estate salespersons license:
First, you must complete 6, 30-hour courses (180-hours in total). These courses must be approved by the Texas Real Estate Commission.
The 6 courses include the following:
1) Principles of Real Estate 1 - 30-hours
2) Principles of Real Estate 2 - 30-hours
3) Law of Contracts - 30-hours
4) Promulgated Contract Forms - 30-hours
5) Law of Agency - 30-hours
6) Real Estate Finance - 30-hours
Take the Texas licensing package online to save both money and time.
At the end of each of the 6 courses is a proctored final exam.
Another benefit of taking the courses online is that you can also take the proctored final exams online….you don’t have to drive to a school or proctoring location. The final exam is proctored by ProctorU.
Submit your Sales Agent License application online with the Texas Real Estate Commission.
Once your application is approved, you will be eligible to sit for the State exam.
Next, you will have to get fingerprinted and file them with the Texas Department of Public Safety. Your fingerprints will then be used by TREC to perform a background check.
Now you are ready to take the State exam.
The State exam is proctored through PearsonVUE, a testing service company.
The State exam is divided into two parts….a national portion and a state portion.
The nation portion consists of 85 multiple-choice questions.
The state portion consists of 40 multiple-choice questions.
You must answer at least 56 questions correctly on the national portion and 21 questions correctly on the state portion in order to pass the overall exam.
You have 1 year to pass the state exam after your application has been submitted.
Once you pass the State exam, the last step is to apply for your active real estate license, with the help of your sponsoring broker.
The following requirements also apply:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- A high school diploma or GED is NOT required to apply for a real estate license.
- You must be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien.
Hear About RealEstateU’s Recent Success Stories
How to get a real estate license in the State of Texas?
- The 180-hour Texas real estate salespersons course consists of the following 6 courses:
- Principles of Real Estate 1 – 30 hours
- Principles of Real Estate 2 – 30 hours
- Law of Agency – 30 hours
- Law of Contracts – 30 hours
- Promulgated Contracts Forms – 30 hours
- Real Estate Finance – 30 hours
- Each course is broken down into chapters and lessons.
- At the end of each chapter is a multiple-choice quiz.
- Our courses can be accessed from any computer 24/7.
- This is an online package that does not require a textbook.
- You will earn your Course Completion Certificate immediately after passing the final exam for each course.
- Based on the Texas real estate license requirements, you are required to take a proctored final exam for each course. Each course has a 60 question multiple-choice final exam with a grade of 70%.
- The final exams are proctored online through Proctor U. Rather than having students drive to a proctoring location for each exam, they can take their exams from home with the services of ProctorU. The online proctoring services ultimately provide students with much more convenience, as they don't have to physically travel for each exam.