Virginia Real Estate License Requirements
In order to sell or rent properties in the State of Virginia,
you must first obtain your real estate
$249 $99Get Your Virginia Real Estate License
Limited Time Offer
What Are The Virginia Real Estate License Requirements?
First, you must complete the 60-hour pre-licensing course.
At the end of the course is a proctored final exam. Once you pass the proctored final exam, you will earn your Certificate of Completion for the course.
Meanwhile, the school will notify the PSI testing center (the testing center for the State exam) that you have completed the course.
Once you complete the course and pass the proctored final exam, you are now ready to move on to Step #2… scheduling and passing the State exam.
The State exam is a proctored exam that must be taken at one of the State approved PSI testing centers.
The State exam consists of two portions: (1) National portion and (2) State portion. The National portion consists of 80 questions with a time limit of 105 minutes. You must answer 56 out of 80 questions correctly (70%) in order to pass. The State portion consists of 40 questions with a time limit of 45 minutes. You must answer 30 out of 40 questions correctly (75%) correctly in order to pass.
You must pass both portions of the exam!
You can register and schedule your exam online at www.PSIExams.com.
Your exam scores are valid for one year, meaning you must apply for your license within one year of your initial examination date.
After you pass the exam, you must get your fingerprints taken. Your fingerprints will be used to conduct a background check.
You must get your fingerprints taken at a PSI testing location. Most students simply get their fingerprints taken after completing the exam.
Your fingerprints are valid for 45 days. If your fingerprints are not on file with the Real Estate Board within 45 days, you must get your fingerprints taken again for an additional fee.
The final step is to complete your real estate salesperson license application. The Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation encourages students to complete their application online as it helps expedite the approval process.
Once your application is approved, your license will be mailed to your sponsoring broker.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- A high school diploma or GED is required to apply for a real estate license.
- Be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien and a legal resident of Virginia.
How to get a real estate license in the State of Virginia?
- The 60-hour course.
- The course is broken down into chapters and lessons.
- At the end of each chapter there is a quiz comprising of multiple-choice questions.
- The courses can be accessed from any computer, tablet or smartphone 24/7.
- The online course package does not require a textbook.
However, you can purchase a downloadable PDF or a Kindle version of the course textbook separately. The textbooks are meant to be used as tool to help you follow along with the course. The textbooks are not meant to replace the courses.
- Upon completion of your course you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Based on the Virginia real estate license requirements, you are required to take a final exam. The final exam is proctored and password protected. The course final exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions with a passing grade of 70%.